Definition of Prandial
Prandial: Of or relating to a meal. Prandial pain is pain while eating.
Although medical terms usually have a reasonably logical derivation, this is not the case with "prandial." It comes from the Latin "prandium" which meant "a late breakfast or lunch." "Prandium" was derived in turn from the Greek "pro-", before + "endios", midday.
Now, however, "prandial" refers to any meal -- breakfast, lunch, supper or snack.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence