Definition of Helmet, bicycle
Helmet, bicycle: A well-known but often neglected device designed to protect the head of a bicyclist.
Helmets decrease the risk of head injuries (traumatic brain damage) by about 85%. Unfortunately, only about 18% of bicyclists in the US use helmets all or most of the time. Universal helmet use could prevent an average of 500 bicycle-related deaths each year in the US alone.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find the secrets to longer life.