Definition of Troche
Troche: A small medicated lozenge designed to dissolve. For example, to soothe the throat as a cough drop.
Strictly speaking, a troche should be circular since the word derives from the Greek "trokhiskos" meaning "a little wheel."
Pronounced trOh-keySource: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence