Definition of Spermatogenesis
Spermatogenesis: The process of sperm formation.
The term was created from the prefix "spermato-" (Greek sperma, the seed or germ) + "genesis" (the coming into being of something) = the coming into being of sperm.
Spermatogenesis is in contrast to oogenesis, the process of egg (ovum) formation.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest on staying strong.