Definition of Do not resuscitate order
Do not resuscitate order: A request not to have cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) done if the heart stops or breathing ceases.
One can use an advance directive form to make this request or one can tell the doctor to put a DNR order in the medical record. DNR orders are accepted by doctors and hospitals in most jurisdictions, including all states in the U.S.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.