Definition of Albumen
Albumen: The white of an egg, the part of the egg from which meringues are made. Albus in Latin is white.
Not to be confused with "albumin" which is the main protein in human blood and the key to the regulation of the osmotic pressure of blood.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Weight Loss Wisdom
Get tips, recipes and inspiration.