Definition of Auricle
Auricle: 1. The principal projecting part of the ear. Also called the pinna.
2. Something ear shaped such as the upper chambers of the heart. Also called the atria.
Auricle is not to be confounded with oracle. Neither the pinna nor the atria possess oracular powers.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence