Definition of Ocular prosthesis
Ocular prosthesis: 1. An artificial replacement for an eyeball. In other words, an artificial eye, a globe of glass or plastic colored so it looks like an eyeball.
2. In the strict sense, any artificial aid to vision such as, for example, a pair of eyeglasses or a plastic lens inserted in the place of a lens densely clouded by a cataract.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.