Definition of Scaffold
Scaffold: 1. In genetics, the chromosome structure consisting entirely of nonhistone proteins remaining after all the DNA and histone proteins have been removed from a chromosome.
2. In genomic mapping, a series of contigs that are in the right order but not necessarily connected in one continuous stretch of sequence.
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence