Definition of Leper
Leper: 1. Someone with leprosy (Hansen disease). The term leper is now in disfavor. 2. By extension, a pariah. A person who is avoided or shunned by society.
From the French lepre, from the Greek lepros meaning scaly, referring to the scales that form on the skin in some cases of leprosy.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence