Definition of Alpha-ethltryptamine
Alpha-ethltryptamine: An illicit hallucinogenic drug related to tryptamine. Street names for alpha-ethyltryptamine include: Alpha-ET; ET; Love pearls; Trip (also refers to LSD).
Many agents in the class of tryptamines are hallucinogenic substances that exist naturally in some plants, fungi, and animals, but also can be produced synthetically. These hallucinogens have been placed in Schedule I of the CSA (Controlled Substances Act) and include psilocybin, psilocyn, bufotenine, alpha-ethyltryptamine, diethyltryptamine, and dimethyltryptamine. There are also numerous types of tryptamines available, including AMT (alpha-methyltryptamine) and Foxy (5-MeO-DIPT), that are not listed under the CSA.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest on staying strong.