Definition of Burp
Burp: 1. Gas brought up from the stomach through the mouth producing a gutteral noise.
2. As a verb, to bring up gas from the stomach through the mouth. Also to help a baby bring up gas after feeding by rubbing or patting its back.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest treatment options.