Definition of Lunula
Lunula: 1. The crescent-shaped area at the base of a fingernail or toenail. 2. Any small crescent- or moon-shaped area or structure.
Lunula is the diminuitive of the Latin luna, the moon. Also called the lunule.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence