Definition of Lunule
Lunule: 1. The crescent-shaped area at the base of a fingernail or toenail. 2. Any small crescent- or moon-shaped area or structure.
Borrowed from the French lunule, from the Latin lunula, the diminuitive of luna, the moon. Also called the lunula.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence