Definition of Cure
Cure: 1. To heal, to make well, to restore to good health. 2. A time without recurrence of a disease so that the risk of recurrence is small.
3. Particularly in the past, a course of treatment. For example, take a cure at a spa.
The word cure comes from the Latin cura meaning care, concern or attention.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence