Definition of E2F3
E2F3: E2F transcription factor 3.
E2F3 is a gene on chromosome 6p22 that is a member of the E2F family of transcription factors.
E2F3 may be a key gene in modulating the aggressivity of prostate cancer. E2F3 is present in a high proportion (67%) of prostate cancers. Men with prostate cancer exhibiting detectable E2F3 expression have poorer survival than those without detectable E2F3 expression.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke