Definition of Alogia
Alogia: 1. Complete lack of speech, as in profound mental retardation or advanced dementia. Alogia is synonymous in this sense with aphasia.
2. Poverty of speech, as commonly occurs in schizophrenia.
From the Greek a-, without + logos, speech.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.