Definition of LVF
LVF: 1. Left ventricular failure, failure of the left side of the heart.
2. Left ventricular function, the function of the left ventricle.
In both of these senses, LVF is in contrast to RVF (right ventricular failure or function).
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest treatment options.