Definition of Heterotrisomy
Heterotrisomy: Trisomy of different chromosomes. The occurrence of two children in the same family, one with trisomy 18 and the other with trisomy 21, is an instance of heterotrisomy.
See also: Homotrisomy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.