Definition of Hyperlipidemia
Hyperlipidemia: Elevated lipid (fat) levels in the blood. Hyperlipidemia can be inherited and increases the risk of disease of the blood vessels leading to stroke and heart disease.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
REFERENCE: American Heart Association. Hyperlipidemia.
Tips to keep it under control.