Definition of Shoulder dystocia
Shoulder dystocia: The baby's shoulder becomes wedged behind the mother's pubis, sometimes this happens because the baby is too big to fit through the birth canal.
Dystocia means difficult delivery.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.