Definition of Decompress
Decompress: 1. In general, to remove pressure physically or emotionally.
2. In surgery, to remove pressure on a structure such as the spinal cord.
3. To lessen atmospheric pressure on deep-sea divers returning to the surface, or on persons ascending to great heights.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence