Definition of Medical device
Medical device: 1. Broadly, any physical item used in medical treatment, from a cardiac pacemaker to a wheelchair.
2.In insurance terms, usually synonymous an assistive device, although it may include items more frequently thought of as medical supplies, such as dressings needed for wound care at home or syringes for self-administration of insulin.
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence