Definition of Fluoridation
1. In general, treatment with fluoride.
2. Specifically, the addition of fluoride to a water supply to help prevent dental caries.
For more information, see: Water fluoridation.
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.