Definition of Extrinsic
Extrinsic: 1. Not an essential or inherent part of a something such as a structure.
2. Coming from the outside. Extrinsic forces can mold the head before birth.
From the Latin extrinsecus meaning from outside. The opposite of extrinsic is intrinsic.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence