Definition of Mole
Mole: 1. In dermatology a mole is a pigmented spot on the skin, Also called a nevus.
2. In gynecology, a mass within
the uterus formed of partly developed products of conception.
3. In biochemistry, the molecular weight of a substance. In more technical terms, a mole is the number of atoms in exactly 12 g of carbon-12. Mole in this sense is short for molecular weight.
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.