Definition of Laceration
Laceration: A cut.
All that is required to care for most cuts is to wash them with soap and water and keep them clean and dry. Putting alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and iodine onto cuts can delay healing and should be avoided. Seek medical care early if you think that the cut may need stitches. Any delay can increase the rate of wound infection.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.