Definition of Heberden disease
Heberden disease: There are two different Heberden diseases:
- Angina pectoris, chest pain that is often severe and crushing, due to an inadequate supply of oxygen to the heart muscle.
- Osteoarthritis of the small joints with nodules (Heberden nodes) in and about the last joint of the finger.
Both diseases were described by the respected English physician William Heberden (1710-1801).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest treatment options