Definition of National Institute on Deafness and Other Commun.
National Institute on Deafness & Other Communication Disorders: One of the US National Institutes of Health.
The mission of the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders is to "conduct and support biomedical research and research training on normal mechanisms as well as diseases and disorders of hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech, and language that affect 46 million Americans."
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders was established in 1989 and arose by fission from the National Institute of Neurological Diseases.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence