Definition of Aging, National Institute on
Aging, National Institute on: One of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH). The mission of the National Institute on Aging is to "lead a national program of research on the biomedical, social, and behavioral aspects of the aging process; the prevention of age-related diseases and disabilities; and the promotion of a better quality of life for all older Americans."
The National Institute on Aging was founded in 1974. It is one of two institutes of the NIH based on life stages. The other is the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.