Definition of American Medical Association
American Medical Association: The AMA. The AMA's mission statement proclaims:
"We are the Voice of the American Medical Profession.
"We are the partnership of physicians and their professional associations dedicated to promoting the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
"We serve the physicians and their patients by establishing and promoting ethical, educational, and clinical standards for the medical profession and by advocating for the highest principle of all--the integrity of the physician/patient relationship."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
Find out what women really need.