Definition of Dyspnoea
Dyspnoea: Difficult or labored breathing; shortness of breath.
Dyspnoea may be a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart. The onset of dyspnoea should not be ignored and is reason to seek medical attention.
Dyspnoea is the British spelling. The American spelling is dyspnea.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence