Definition of Vulvitis
Vulvitis: Inflammation of the external genital organs of the female (the vulva). The vulva includes the labia, clitoris, and the entrance (the "vestibule") to the vagina.
A yeast infection of the vulva, for example, is a type of vulvitis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.