Definition of Bones of the arm, wrist and hand
Bones of the arm, wrist and hand: There are 64 bones in the upper extremity. They consist of 10 shoulder and arm, 16 wrist and 38 hand bones.
- The 10 shoulder and arm bones are the clavicle, scapula, humerus, radius, and ulna on each side.
- The 16 wrist bones are the scaphoid, lunate, triquetrum, pisiform, trapezium, trapezoid, capitate, hamate on each side.
- The 38 hand bones are the 10 metacarpal bones and 28 phalanges (finger bones).
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence