Definition of Teratogen, warfarin as
Teratogen, warfarin as:The anticoagulant warfarin (COUMADIN) is a known teratogen, an agent that can disturb the development of the embryo and fetus and lead to birth defects.
Warfarin taken by a woman during pregnancy can cause bleeding into the baby's brain (cerebral hemorrhage), underdevelopment (hypoplasia) of the baby's nose and stippling of the ends (the epiphyses) of the baby's long bones.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.