Definition of Skin erosion
Skin erosion: Skin erosion is a loss of some or all of the epidermis (the outer layer) leaving a denuded surface.
Erosion is an eating away of a surface. The word "erosion" comes from the Latin "erodere" meaning to eat out.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.