Definition of Eczema, nummular
Eczema, nummular: Coin-shaped plaques of inflamed skin-most common on the arms, back, buttocks, and lower legs that may be crusted, scaling, and extremely itchy.
The word "nummular" is taken from the Latin "hummus," a small coin.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.