Definition of Nat'l Center for Complementary & Alternative Med.
National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine: Abbreviated NCCAM. A part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), this center "conducts and supports basic and applied research and training and disseminates information on complementary and alternative medicine to practitioners and the public."
NCCAM "identifies and evaluates unconventional health care practices; and supports, coordinates and conducts research and research training on these practices and disseminates information," according to the NIH.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.