Definition of Extrauterine
Extrauterine: Outside the uterus (the womb). As opposed to intrauterine: inside the uterus.
For example, normal pregnancies are intrauterine; extrauterine pregnancies can occur in the uterine tube or abdominal cavity. These are distinctly abnormal and dangerous.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.