Definition of Fear of flying
Fear of flying: An irrational fear of flying is called aerophobia. Aerophobia also refers to irrational fear of fresh air or drafts of air. From the Greek "aero-", air or gas + "phobos", fear.
A virtual reality program that simulates the experience of take-offs, landings, normal flying and turbulence reportedly helps some people overcome their fear of flying.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get tips on therapy and treatment.