Abilify User Reviews

Abilify - User Reviews

Abilify User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Abilify sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 01

I have been on Lexapro, 20 mg/day for depression. It helped a lot, but adding Abilify brought my mood up to a whole new level. I haven't felt this good in years. I am only on 2.5 mg/day. (I cut a 5 mg pill in half)..and have been on the drug only about ten days. I feel a huge difference already. I had trouble getting out of bed and starting my day before, now I am up early and anxious to get the day going, excited about life again. I feel more energetic than I have in years. A couple of downsides I have noticed: It seems like most reviews say that the drug makes them tired, but I seem to be having the opposite issue, insomnia. I now take it in the morning, and hopefully that will help. I am also experiencing constipation, which is one of the possible side effects. As far as I am concerned though, it's all worth it, this drug is a wonder drug for me!

Related Reading: Lexapro | depression | Abilify

Comment from: SuzieeQQ, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

I have been on many medications for depression. I take Abilify along with other meds and have had a tremendously positive response. It has removed the loss of energy that I suffered from, I feel awak and alive and energetic. I have the energy to cook dinner--and even dinner for the freezer for the future,am happy doing chores (as happy as you can be doing chores) and overall a positive sense of being. My heart goes out to those who have had negative side effects from Abilify---I've been there on other medication. If you are about to try this medicine, know that some people do have positive outcomes, while others do not. There is a weight gain, and I've started doing minor exercising. I don't like the weight gain, but at least I feel good again.

Comment from: hopeful1, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

Suffer with Major Deppression and Severe Anxiety only started this drug 1 week ago. I can already see a major difference. I take 5 mg w/ anti deppr meds and xanax, upset stomache getting better,I have more energy not less, more motivation. huge difference in how I feel. Before this med hadn't left the house in weeks. So far its been wonder med along with others. Take ambien to sleep.

Related Reading: Anxiety | xanax | ambien

Comment from: Luvcoqui@att.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 10

For anyone who has suffered from Severe Chronic Depression and Chronic Fatigue like me, my answer was, Cymbalta 60mgs, Abilify 2 1/2 mgs in the morning. I am not depressed anymore & I have energy to go all day. At bedtime I take Zolpidem 10mgs, (generic Ambien), and I wake up refreshed. It might not work for everyone but I have never felt better in my life.

Related Reading: Fatigue | Cymbalta

Comment from: cyndikmrn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 15

I have only been on Abilify for a week. No drastic swings. Votes still out. My concern is for these people that are having such drastic reactions and still listen to their doctor... COMMON SENSE. I'm on 2.5 mg now... no side effects. It will work slower but the chances of side effects are MUCH smaller. THIS IS A PSYCH DRUG. USE CAUTION AND MOST OF ALL COMMON SENSE. Doctors are not God and do not know everything. Sometimes they just know what the drug reps. tell them......................... I'm a nurse for 20 years so I know of what I speak.... be safe

Comment from: spikeysmommy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

I was given Abilify (.5 ) to aid my Wellbutrin 300 in treating my severe long -term depression.(I am also bi-polar)With one dose I started to feel better!I have LOST weight,my energy level is thru the roof and I enjoy the things I hadn't done in a long time.No insomnia,no weight gain,just a bit tired the first few days, and a feeling of being cold. This med is a Godsend,anyone in depression should at least give it a try.I have never felt so good! Good luck to all who try.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | insomnia

Comment from: lifeisgood, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

Follow-up from my 2 previous posts:On Abilify 2.5 mg for 3 weeks now and never felt better mentally or physically. Any side effects (slight nausea, some nervousness w/ insomnia) have all resolved. I am now able to take in the morning w/ no problem and feel great all day. Lots of energy and motivation. Have not gained weight. Perhaps my success is due to the low dose, i.e., just enough to be effective w/out causing side effects. I can't speak to other diagnoses but as additional medication to treat depression this has been my miracle drug. If you have a good medical practioner don't be afraid to try this medication. Good luck to all!