Abilify User Reviews

Abilify - User Reviews

Abilify User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Abilify sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

This medication was prescribed for my 6-year old son who had SEVERE anger issues. He is a totally different child. A little drowsiness is worth him feeling like a normal little boy.

Comment from: cinnamon0672, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

I am currently taking 2 mg of Abilify along with 100 mg of Zoloft. For the first few weeks I felt incredible. Back to myself with energy, positive attitude, friendlier and overall happier. BUT... I have gained 10 pounds in 2 months. While I'm relatively thin, the cons are beginning to outweight the pros. I am starting to lose the positive affects of this drug, I'm going back to low energy and irritability. I don't know where to go from here because I've been on SO many other drugs-- more than 10. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

This drug definitely gave me more energy and motivation to get things done; however, I had sleeplessness and nervousness while taking it. I could not just sit down and rest. Every time I tried to, my mind would start racing and I would have to get up and do something.

Comment from: jehempill, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 22

I have been taking this medication for 2 years along with Lexapro to treat PTSD. Since being on abilify, I have gained 50 pounds. Which in turn has made me even more depressed.

Comment from: malachi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 27

I've been on Prozac 20 mg for almost twenty years with only good results except for a sharp decrease in sex drive. My dr. added 2.5 mg ABILIFY and within weeks I was able to have very good orgasms as well as feeling happier and calmer overall. Sadly, I was also starving 24/7 and so have stopped taking it after a ten lb. weight gain. I will really miss it :(

Related Reading: Prozac

Comment from: allenm, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

OMG. I have been depressed and suicidal since 1980. My father killed himself as did my son. I have been on anti-depressants since 1993. All helped for a while keeping me out of the deepest black pit most of the time. But I never felt really good, just blah. I tried Zoloft, Lexapro, several others, all of which were less effective over time. I have been on Effexor XR 150mg for 4 years. I felt, as usual, blah and hoped I would not wake up in the morning. Suicide was not a logical possibility as I couldn't put my wife thru a second one after my son. The only way I thought I might kill myself was suddenly, in anger. One month ago I went to a new doctor who suggested I try Abilify. I has seen the ads but never thought I could get better and had no energy to try. Doc gave me two weeks of free 2mg tabs and after about 7 days Abilify switched my life back on. It is amazing and I almost am scared at how good I feel. I have not felt this good in 30 years. I have been on 2mg for 6 weeks and notice no adverse side effects. Right now, I see no need to bump the dosage.

Related Reading: Effexor XR

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

Motivation! Motivation! Motivation! It has been a little over a month and I can't believe how much better I feel. I don't sleep as much, actually doing things instead of thinking about them and seeking interaction with others. No increase of eating and I have started my walking routine again. All side effects were gone by 2 weeks.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

I have tried many different medications to try and treat my depression. Prozac, Lexapro, Effexor Xr, and a few others. This has helped me over that hurdle and seems to make the antidepressant able to work again. I take about 5mg in the AM along with my Zoloft.

Comment from: finding peace, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 19

I started taking Abilify in addition to Effexor XR to help with my depression, and I think it has done a wonderful job, I feel better, the big black cloud is starting to lift, and I do not think about killing myself anymore. Thank God for this medicine!

Comment from: Jenna38, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

Abilify has saved my life!! I have lost some weight and have been on it for only a month. I am more active, I wake up early and rarely need naps during the day anymore. I would like to say that this drug is a wonder drug and would reccommend it to anyone who needs help with depression or bipolar.