Abraxane User Reviews

Abraxane - User Reviews

Abraxane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Abraxane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 07

I had stage4 breast cancer with severe bone mets. After 6 mos of Abraxine my cancer does not show up on any CT/PET scan. I have been cancer free for 4 mos.

Related Reading: breast | cancer

Comment from: TKT, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

Drink lots of tea or water before during and after treatment. Take a pain relief and stool softner two days before treatment. Take an antacid gas relief if needed the 2nd night after treatment if needed.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

I finished my Abraxane treatment a little over 1 year ago. I still have severe numbness and swelling in my hands and legs. I also had substantial vision loss almost immediately after my first treatment. I was in terrible pain during the treatment. I think that the prescribing physician should tell people that it will age you 20 years, on the spot, and you will never be the same. My doctor tried this drug on 2 patients. We both had the same complaints. He said that he will never use it again. It is a HORRIBLE drug.

Related Reading: Abraxane

Comment from: Quinton, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 03

Bilateral breast cancer with bone met. Today is 10 months the cancer is dormant. Bone, CT & PET scans since November are dormant (no lighted areas)

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

other taxols did not work for my ovarian cancer, abraxane is bringing my ca-125 down

Related Reading: ovarian cancer

Comment from: MAT, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

I am starting my 5th month of treatment{every Friday for 3 weeks then 1 week off). My CT scan is showing complete reduction in my lympnods and drastic reduction in the size of the tumors in my liver. My worse side-effects are complete hairloss, numbness of fingers, toes and lips/face and fatigue. I also get a rash(like eczema) on my hands and shortness of breath for a week after the 3rd week of treatment. However, I consider these minor due the effectiveness of tumor reductions.

Related Reading: liver | fatigue | rash

Comment from: sharonfm, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

I have ovarian cancer. I was allergic to the other taxel meds. I am not allergic to abraxane and it is bringing my ca 125 down. I also have severe neuropathy in my hands and feet but am tolerating it.

Comment from: Dee, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

I have mouth and throat sores, and a splotchy rash all over my body that the doctors have never seen before. I am hospitalized after one dose.

Comment from: Donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

I was diagnosed last June with infiltrating ductal carcinoma, with mets to lymph nodes. The oncologist described his oncology plan for me as, "more treatments, less toxicity." I received weekly treatments of abraxane for twelve weeks. I was sick the entire time and in horrible pain. I ran a fever and showed signs of congestive heart failure. The doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me other than not wanting to finish the chemo. The effectiveness was great, but I have permanent nerve damage, pain, and neuropathy caused by this drug. I was never told that could happen. I would have made different choices.

Related Reading: fever | congestive heart failure

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

i have experience pain in my bones, ringing in my ears, blisters on my hands and sinus problems, including nose bleeding. My CA125 numbers have come down significantly.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.