Accolate User Reviews

Accolate - User Reviews

Accolate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Accolate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 07

My mother DIED from ACCOLATE! Please know that she died from liver failure from taking this drug! First her liver failed then all her organs shut down and she went on life support and died. It was very sudden and she just thought she had the flu. They said it was from this drug. Please be careful if you are on this bc the hospital told us other women were on it and were there for liver transplants and its banned in canada. My mom was healthy and i HATE this drug! I hope this helps someone,,ps she was only in her 50;s this should be banned!I hope if your on it you are getting your livers tested every couple months bc she was only on it 9 months!

Related Reading: ACCOLATE | liver | flu

Comment from: Takami826, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 08

I've been on this medication for about 8 years and it is a wonder drug -as long as you take it whether you feel good or not. Fantastic maint. drug for asthma

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 26

I was just advised to stop taking this after 15 years. Its the same as Singular and causes depression/suicide. I did not have a tendency for either. However, upon stopping this medicine my headaches, muscle aches and fatigue are starting to go away.

Related Reading: depression | suicide | fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 17

I works for me !!

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 21

My daughter had bad headaches. We discovered it was from Accolate. We could not find the cause of the headaches until she forgot this med on vacation. The headaches went away after several days off this drug!!!!

Comment from: Nikki, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 17

I have been on this drug for 10 years and will not change as it works for me, is easy to tolerate and prevents the numerous emergencies I had in the past!

Comment from: shirley, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

this was wonderful-it seemed to help rather quickly

Comment from: judy, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 01

miracle drug for me. if I could only take one med this would be it. Headache and ear ache seem to be side effects, but I'll live with it as long as I can breathe. Since taking it I no longer have to take inhalers to bed with me at night, fewer infections and rounds of oral steroids. I am able to exercise, although hills and walking up stairs are still a effort.

Related Reading: Headache

Comment from: olmotem, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 30

Been on this (and other pills) for asthma/respiratory problems for over 10 years. Tried Singulair long ago, but Accolate can be used twice a day which seems to work better. I have no alternative since my symptoms are constant and can become severe. I am allergic/sensitive in a negative way to all asthma inhalers and severely reactive to Seravent. Between a rock and a hard place. Accolate, Allegra, Ativan work together to allow me to continue to exist. It is not easy, but I'm always looking for new meds to improve the situation and I take many naturopathic pills also. They really do make the prescriptions more effective.

Related Reading: Singulair | Allegra | Ativan