Acetazolamide Tablets User Reviews

Acetazolamide Tablets - User Reviews

Acetazolamide Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Acetazolamide Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sunnydays, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

I have been on medication for 7 months. In the beginning I had terrible side effects and thought there was no way I could continue with treatment. I pushed through side effects, numbing of extremeties, severe nausea, metal taste from drinking carbonated beverages, loss of appetite. Eventually they subsided after 2 months. My dosage was increased to a 1000 mg a day from 500 mg a day and I thought I would experience the same side effects and nothing major happened. I am a soda lover and now I do not taste metal from drinking it. I also went from 145 lbs. to a 130 lbs. which they told me that weight loss was needed to try and improve my condition. It has made a slight improvement in my condition, headaches are not as frequent or bad and my optic nerve swelling has shown improvement. I still get tingling and numbing sensations but not as often. I am trying to be optimistic about this medication and I am praying that it continues to work because the next step they said is a shunt (which I am not thrilled about).

Comment from: hotrods girl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

I have been taking this medicine for only a week and a half and I have been fine! My back hurt the 1st few days but that went away! I have not had blurry vision or headaches so I'm happy! Also I used to drink 8 cans of Mt Dew a day and within 2 hours of taking my 1st pill it gave my dew the absolute most disgusting taste imaginable! So it helped me do something long overdue! No longer a soda drinker! Cheers! I have no problems with constipation either you poor souls! Too much shittin maybe!

Related Reading: constipation

Published: February 25

it made me pee a ton the first day but after that it worked fine and the diuretic effect wore of.

Comment from: Chubby, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

I have Pseudotumor Cerebri and have been on diamox for 4 years. My life for almost 2 years before diagnosis was constant visits to doctors and Emergency Rooms to figure out what was going on. I found a awsome nerologist who reviewed my chart and notes from 8 doctors put me on diamox 500 mg 2x daily. After taking this medication for 3 days I no longer had thumping in my ears, my vision was not blurry,my teeth didn't hurt, my stomach wasn't upset, I was no longer dizzy, and most importantly my head no longer felt like it was going to explode. The side effects...change in taste, having to urinate alot, tingling feet, dry skin and mouth are a walk in the park.

Related Reading: Pseudotumor Cerebri | dry skin

Comment from: DP09, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 20

I have been on this medication for 10 years and I feel as though it has saved my vision. The only notable side effect I have is occasionally my heel will feel numb. The benifits far outway any inconvenience mentined by other users. i wish thier experience was as good as mine.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 09

Cured my CSF buildup.. gotta take 4 a day. Makes most foods taste like crap. Deciding what to eat is a struggle.. Nothing tastes like it should. I can't eat foods I used to love. Still, I can see and my migraines are gone, so I'm happy.

Comment from: texasmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I have been taking this med for 6 years. When I could afford Diamox Sequels, it was great. Sometimes an hour after taking this, I get extreme pressure behind my eyes. I also have been getting hives for about a year now. Anyone else have these problems?? I thought that I could drink whatever I wanted but maybe that is why soda always tastes flat!! Ha! I wish that there was more research on this awful condition. We need new meds!!

Related Reading: Diamox Sequels | hives

Comment from: stillwell, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

Reason for taking was to lower pressure in my eye...i've been experiencing tingling in the bottoms of my feet and fingertips. it has also effected my taste buds. i've also been experiencing shortness of breath.

Comment from: momof2, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

Headaches gone, neck tension relaxed, wooshing in my ears still there. Loss of appatite = 16 lbs of wight loss in 2 1/2 weeks, soda and anything with carbonation tastes like metal .. that helped with weight loss too! The said if i lose 25 - 30 lbs i can goo w.out the meds and still have no symptoms! Hand and feet tingle and face twitches another thing but its worth it!!