Aciphex User Reviews

Aciphex - User Reviews

Aciphex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aciphex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lkelly9988, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I did not realize until my Medco moved me to Nexium, that the violent vomiting and stomach pain I would have if I overate was actually caused by Aciphex. It all disappeared after they changed me to Nexium.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

Has worked great at stopping symptoms of GERD and pharynlaryngeal reflux, but having side effects of excessive mucous discharge and bloody mucous. Anyone else have anything similar?

Comment from: flostarr, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 27

I have been on this medication for over 5 yrs now. Recently I was unable to get this med from my pharmacy because my insurance didn't want to pay for it - I had to get my physician to call in and approve it - ( this happened a few time in the yrs of my treatment ) Since there isn't a generic - the insurance companies are giving their patients a difficult time on long term use. I went without the aciphex for 7 days - and became really ill. LOTS of heartburn and feeling sick esp after eating. I finally got it filled from my pharmacy and feel alot better - I wish I didn't have to take it - or - could find a generic - but have tried others - and this one works the best for me. The insurance companies need to WAKE UP! Not all meds are created equal!!

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: luvsmoney2, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had a hiatal hernia for several years and the horrible acid reflex that goes along with it. I have been on Aciphex for some time and I could not live without it! It's been a 'miracle' pill for me. I have tried every kind of mediction (prescription/OTC) and nothing worked. The acid reflex was so bad it was like someone holding a hot iron on my throat....but Aciphex has been a life saver.

Comment from: Patches Mommy, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 12

I was also a die-hard Aciphex user but as my insurance co-pay went up and up my doctor and I looked for a generic that would possibly work. He found one and it works great! Ask your doctor about "Omeprazole Cap" - I take 40 mg. Your co-pay then would be at the generic price.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 04

Had tried OTC drugs which were no help at all..symptoms became worse. Have been taking for about 2 years with no side effects, no acid reflux or heartburn. The drug company offers a up to $30. rebate per month so is basically free.

Comment from: feelin better, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

Been taking this drug for about 6 months. For the last 4 months i have been experiencing severe chest pain, neck, shoulder and back pain. Also severe lightheadedness, and difficulty breathing. Been in and out of the er had angiogram done thank goodness my heart is fine but can't figure out what is causing my body pain and dizziness. Well five days ago i stopped taking Aciphex and now all my symtoms are gone!!! Who would have thought this little pill could cause so much problems. I felt like I was dying some days and all my energy was completely gone!! I'm so glad i decided to stop taking this medicine because even the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, I been through so many test and they all come back good. I will never take this drug again! Maybe it helps some people, but watch out for the side effects!!!!

Related Reading: chest pain | dizziness

Comment from: suzyQ, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I have a hiatal hernia and acid reflux as well. I have had problems with severe heartburn and indigestion for years. I have been on Aciphex for over 4 years. It works great for me. However, I am not able to get off the med without my stomach problems coming back with a vengence! Guess I'll be on it for many years to come- can't live without it!

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: Donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 28

I have used aciphex for 10 yrs...now I am forced to find something else due to my insurance not helping pay for it..nothing else I have ever tried has gave me releif like aciphex. I have been scoped every 2 yrs to satisfy insurance..Does anyone have any ideas for me??

GI Disorders