Aciphex User Reviews

Aciphex - User Reviews

Aciphex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aciphex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 05

Even with a change in diet, and eating small meals, I get bloated and have a lot of gas. Other drugs have not resolved my erosive esophogitis, so I will continue with Aciphex unless these side effects worsen.

Comment from: Elias, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 02

after many diff RX's, Aciphex is the only RX which stopped the waking up choking and really bad stomach problems. happy to report 5 years and still feeling great.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

I tried a number of other medications - both over the counter and prescription - to control my recurring, severe heartburn. This one is the only one that worked effectively.

Comment from: Mariana, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 06

Wonderful medication-stopped heartburn-no side effects-on Aciphex for 2 years. Felt great. My new insurance company will not pay for Aciphex (too expensive) and I'm on Omeprazole (16 days) it's much cheaper than Aciphex. Omeprazole is a dreadful medication, the side effects are terrible: Constipation, bloating, overeating (hungry all the time), weight gain, headache, back ache, pain upper rib cage, gas, burping, problems sleeping, and on top of all that I still have heart burn. :(

Related Reading: Constipation

Comment from: Viru, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 29

ALERT!!! If you have been having any one of these side effects, then AcipHex may be causing nerve damage. -- tingling or numb hands or feet -- confusion / "fuzzy head" -- ringing in the ears -- vision changes -- anxiety -- depression -- apathy It may be serious. In my case it certainly is. I can barely use my hands. Why it happens: AcipHex cuts down on stomach acid. Sometimes it cuts down too MUCH acid. In that case, you are unable to break down animal products enough to absorb vitamin B12 from it. Without vitamin B12, your nerve sheathing erodes. My advice would be to stop AcipHex and get a good vitamin B12 supplement (sublingual -- the type that dissolves underneath your tongue, and at least 1000 mcg). I would also advise to get the book -- Could It Be B12? By RN Sally Pacholock. This book has literally saved my life.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | B12

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 18

When first diagnosed with acid reflux about six years ago, I was given aciphex. My insurance company wanted to switch me to nexium because of cost. I flatly said no and they complied. I was taking one per day with no problems. Moved and a new GI doc gave me a Nexium sample for two weeks; after one week I was having gurd problems so I went back to Aciphex. I was increased to two times a day by a new primary care physician. I just had an endoscopy and results showed no acid reflux, no stomach ulcer, only gastritis. So, I feel it has worked well for me. Acid reflux was bad before I started on the medication. I have no reflux problems unless I take myself off the medication and then it returns. I can skip a few days with no problems, but I would not suggest taking yourself off this for any length of time.

Related Reading: gastritis

Comment from: fadeaway872, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

My doctor gave me a couple bottles of samples for like 20 days. I had heartburn only a couple of times while on this medince but I think that's because I ate foods that I shouldn't of. But it did improve my heartburn because I would always have a constant burning feeling in my throat. Sadly I went to the doc yesterday to get a prescription for it and found out my insurance doesn't cover it. I am going to get a prescription for nexium on Monday. If anyone is thinking of trying this drug or is just on the the samples to see if it helps, I would suggest calling your health insurance provider to see if it is covered. I thought for sure aciphex would be covered with my insurance since I have military. But no I guess it is just too expensive.

Related Reading: heartburn