Activella User Reviews

Activella - User Reviews

Activella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Activella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KB, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 31

Symptoms of menopause curtailed, such as hot flashes, night sweats, dryness, etc. as others have noted. Mentally, emotionally = greatest impact on quality of life. Increased my energy, mental state, ability to concentrate and focus, giving me more energy, too. A big difference. Highly recommend. No downside for me. I am 54 and have taken 3 years.

Related Reading: menopause | hot flashes | night sweats

Comment from: rocki1, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

After watching Oprah and Suzanne Sommers discuss bioidentical HRT, I tried to get into my Ob/gyn for a consultation -- I'd been experiencing anxiety for 2 two years (!!), but tried to gut it out thinking I could get through using soy, black cohash, etc. I finally couldn't stand it anymore because I wasn't getting any sleep at night either. After research decided not to go the compounding pharmacy route, and was put on activella. After 3 days woke up and didn't have any anxiety! OMG I had forgotten what "normal" felt like! No more migraines either -- after several years! Jeez, why didn't my female doc tell me about this earlier!! Just upset that my quality of life suffered for prob 5 years, but I JUST DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS MENOPAUSAL ONSET. I love these hormones!!

Related Reading: anxiety | sleep | activella

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I have been very leery about taking a HR, but couldn't deal with waking up 6x per night and the emotional highs and lows. Honestly after the 1st night I felt a difference. After 3-4 nights no more hot flashes (day or night). My breast are tender, and there is slight vaginal discomfort, but the trade off is huge. Just a little nervous enough to keep researching possible side effects on a regular basis

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

It's been four years now on a low dosage of Activella. Within one week of starting all symptoms stopped- hot flashes ; crying; irritability and the constant headaches. I was 45 when I started.Tried to go off on two occasions.....all symptoms came back within 2 weeks.

Comment from: Susie, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 19

Worked for me within a week. Would give up a meal before giving up Activella. No more hot flashes, night sweats and irritability. I sleep much better.

Comment from: suz, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 01

Have been on Activella for about 9 years now and love it. No side effects. No hot flashes, although I stopped taking it for a month after I turned 65 (thought I wouldn't need it any more), but started having hot flashes again, so . . . back on it. Would never want to go back to having those hot flashes again! Heart's good, weight's fine, no bloating, sex drive is good (i'm 66 now!).

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

Felt great the first 3 weeks, hot flashes went away, slept better, sex drive up, and lots of vaginal lubrication. Got a severe yeast infection, then the awful PMS came back. Hadn't had a period in 6 months, then bled for 11 days and felt horrible. No energy, abdominal and back pain, bloating and cramping, depression and crying. Then I noticed the main reason I will no longer use this drug, my hair is falling out on top of my head. That is also one of the side effects. Now I just have to figure out if I can just stop taking it or should I wean myself off?

Related Reading: yeast infection | depression

Comment from: cool cutie, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 08

I had some breakthrough bleeding with 1 whole pill per day, but have done well with 1/2 tab per day. No hot flashes and no vaginal dryness problems

Related Reading: vaginal dryness