Activella User Reviews

Activella - User Reviews

Activella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Activella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bodhicitta, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I started out taking Prempro and was experiencing various side effects from that particular drug. Activella has been a very acceptable alternative. I had experienced severe hot flashes, mood swings and vaginal dryness. I feel mostly normal now.

Related Reading: Prempro

Comment from: Vango, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I have been taking Activella for 7 years now. I take the 1mg/0.5mg. So far I'm doing good with this. They came out with a generic, and it mad me feel like I was ready to go nuts. So I'm going back to the brand due to side effects. I'd rather pay more for the brand Activella, than have horrible side effects from the generic.

Comment from: SELECTIVENAN, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

THIS MEDICATION TOOK ABOUT 2MONTHS BEFORE I SAW RESULTS NO MORE VIGINAL DRYNESS AND MY SEX DRIVE IS UP

Comment from: oshngrl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I want to warn women that Acivella can be a very dangerous drug. I took it for 2 months and developed severely increased allergies, flu symptoms, asthma and the feeling that I was being strangled and suffocated. I also have fibromyalgia that became much more painful. Be very very careful with this drug.

Related Reading: flu | asthma | fibromyalgia

Comment from: Trainer, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

I have been on this medication for several years and it has worked extremely well for me -- no side effects at all. Before I went on it, my main problems were joint pain and just feeling "old." I noticed a difference almost immediately.

Comment from: Sangestein, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 13

Within a week, saw improvements in sleep, vaginal lubrication, and energy. After one year, memory improved.

Comment from: schmidL, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

Been on this medication for about a month a half. I was a mess prior to taking it - crying, night sweats and unable to sleep. The night sweats are completely gone. Still a little moodiness, but very managable. Still having trouble sleeping through the night. Wake at 3 every morning and having trouble falling back asleep. Even with the sleep problem still being an issue, I've been happy with how the medication has worked for me.

Comment from: mountaingirl4995379@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 01

Overall i have had not too many problems. i am on a low dosage of 0.5mg..but the last few months i have been bleeding each month for about 6 days, pretty heavy and then i stop..when that occurs my breat are very, very tender..that is the only side effect i have..i was told to stop the activella then go back on when i stop bleeding...

Comment from: lore52, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 10

i have been taking the lowest dose of this medication for over 2 years has helped me tremondously with all symptoms, on occassion breast tenderness, just recently having some symptoms return not as severe as initially, waiting on call from dr. to see if it should be increased....never want to feel unglued as i did prior to taking this medication.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

First two weeks...Great! No hot flashes, no night sweats, sleeping through the night. Then, 31 days of heavy bleeding started, ankles and feet started swelling, weakness and shortness of breath followed. Had to go off and have no intention of ever trying again.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 15

I don't feel like it is helping with much. I still cry like a river is running out my eyes. I'm a bitch from hell, and i feel like crap. I have tried all over the net to see what the instructions are on taking activella. my pharmacist won't enlighten me, says he has to research it... I know the Dr. gave me instructions but I can't focus long enough to remember them.