Activella User Reviews

Activella - User Reviews

Activella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Activella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: smthbrbr3, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

this medication worked very well for me and my menopause symtoms, especially hot flashes and vaginal dryness.

Comment from: sentra57, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 18

My night sweats dissappeared but so did my sex drive. I smoke and never thought much about the smoking warnings associated with this drug. Please stop smoking if you are taking this drug. I had an ekg in july of 2007 about 4 months after starting this drug and My heart was fine other than the mumer I'd had for years. One year later and still smoking but 1 month after stopping my Activella.05mg daily dose I find out I have heart disease. My heart is enlarged on one side and I have a severe aneurysm that is going to need surgery, one valve is leaking and my heart is having a hard time pushing the blood out to the rest of my body. All this damage in ONE YEAR!!

Related Reading: smoking | heart disease | aneurysm

Comment from: mmk, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

Here we go again. Have tried Activella (lowest dose) for a month to relieve night sweats and hot flashes. Got almost instantaneous relief from these symptoms and got a period within a week which has not stopped 3 weeks later. I do not want to put up with this. Also have slightly tender swollen breasts and bloat/weight gain which are somewhat tolerable. I had the same problem 2 yrs ago with Prempro, thought it was wonderful at first then as the side-effects kicked in and worsened, put up with them until it became unbearable, went back to Nuvaring, changed insurance and it became big $$ for the ring, so used Black Cohosh for about 8 months before it stopped working. I was interested to read that someone else had foot swelling - I believe I may have that also and I am shedding hair like a labrador. I am so frustrated by the side-effects of these medications. At this point, I will go back to Black Cohosh and try to put up with the sweats if they return or spend the $ on the ring.

Related Reading: Nuvaring

Comment from: Bellataxi, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

Starting taking it to relieve hot flashes and severe mood swings. Felt great first two months, then started experiencing severe muscle and joint pain with occular migraines. Went off about 2 weeks ago and now having allergic reaction to something. Breaking out in hives. Don't know for sure if its the Activella, but it is a stated side effect. Weird happening after I quit taking it. No more HRT for this girl.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: brokenwing, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

I was placed on Activella today by my doctor so I cannot comment yet on the medication. I see by the posts there appear to be more favorable reviews than non-favorable so I am praying this helps me with hot flashes, depression, irritability and just the over all change of life symptoms. Some days I feel like I am going nuts!

Comment from: sueirvine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 13

Activella gave me back my life, couldn't sleep totally miserable, BUT, I have been on it just a year and I have a MENINGIOMA, a benign slow growing brain tumor, unfortunately there is a link between hormones and meningiomas. Be Careful!! I am now in the throws of horrible menopause symptoms again. Plus I have an inoperable tumor. I wish I could continue but I don't dare.

Related Reading: tumor